GAME OF THRONES DAY TRIP
- The day will begin with a pick-up at Belfast and depart to Antrim Coast.
- We will drive by Magheramorne Quarry which is the site of Castle Black & the Wall.
- Glenarm - With pitched battles between would-be rulers of Westeros a frequent subject matter for Game of Thrones. This villages name is taken from the Irish Gleann Arma, meaning Valley Of The Army
- Next will be a stop in Carnlough harbour where filming also took place as it was the free city of Braavos. This is where Arya Stark developed herself and you will see where she pulled herself out of the water after being attacked.
- We will visit Cushendun Caves which is the site for Storms End Caves, easily accessible on foot, that the Game of Thrones crew filmed the dramatic scene from Season Two in which Davos Seaworth, on the orders of Lord Stannis, takes the sorceress Melisandre ashore where she gives birth to a shadow baby.
- Stopping off at Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bride where Renley’s Warcamp was filmed.
- We will then visit the Dark Hedges. This is where Arya Stark, dressed as a boy, escaped from King’s Landing.
- We will visit Ballintoy Harbour where Pyke Bay and Pyke Harbour were filmed. Ballintoy is where Theon was baptized into the faith of the ‘Drowned God’, cementing his return to the House of Greyjoy.
- Arrive back in Belfast to see the largest indoor studios in the world Paint Hall Studios. Here you can also see Kings Landings ruins. NOTE: THIS HALL IS A WORKING STUDIO AND THERE IS NO ACCESS
The tour leaves at 9am and will return circa 6pm.
Lunch is not provided.
Prepare for the elements, this tour does involve some walking to get to filming locations.
Rain coats and sensible footwear advised.